UKMTO Enquiries: +44 (0) 2392 222065
Date: 11th January 2022
Location: 235145N, 0594736E
REF: ADVISORY 001/JAN/2022
An M/V has reported a suspicious approach by 8 white hulled unknown
craft. The craft showed interest in the vessel and then departed. Vessel and crew are
safe and continue on their passage, Investigations ongoing.
Date: 8th January 2022
Location: 241900n, 0665800e
UKMTO NOTICE 002/JAN/2022
Category: LIVE FIRING
Description: Live Firing Practice will take place between 0400 and 1700 UTC from 10-14, 17-21, 24-28, and 31 Jan 2022 in the following area:
Ships and Craft are to keep well clear of assigned danger areas on above specified schedule.
Any queries regarding this UKMTO Notice contact +44(0)2392 222060 only for further information.
Email: [email protected]
Emergency Tel: +44 (0)2392 222060
Emergency Tel: +971 5055 23215
Date: 5th January 2022
Location: 153600N, 0415500E
Category: SUSPICIOUS APPROACH.
Time: 05TH of January 2022 1344 UTC.
Description: An M/V has reported a close approached by an unknown craft. Vessel and
crew are safe and continue on their passage. Investigations are ongoing.
Position: 1536N 04155E (30nm west of port SALEEF)
VESSELS TRANSITING THE AREA ARE ADVISED TO EXERCISE CAUTION
All queries regarding this Advisory contact +44(0)2392 222060 only for further
This information is provided to inform maritime situational awareness for mariners operating in the
region. UKMTO is not responsible for the accuracy of this reporting.
Date: 3rd January 2022
Location: 151300N, 0421200E
REF: WARNING 001/JAN/2022
On the 02 January 2022 at 2150UTC, UKMTO has received reports of an attack on an MV in position 1513.0N 04212.0E (Approx. 23 NM West of Ras Isa Marine Terminal. Investigations ongoing.
Location: 243345N, 0622925E
UKMTO NOTICE 001/JAN/2022
1. Category: FIRING PRACTICE
2. Description: Naval ships will carry out surface and anti-aircraft live firing practice between 0400 to 1700 UTC from 03-07, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28 and 31 Jan 2022 in following areas:
24-36.02N 063-15.03E 24-36.02N 062-30.03E
24-36.02N 062-30.03E 24-36.02N 061-45.03E
24-21.02N 062-30.03E 24-21.02N 061-45.03E
24-21.02N 063-15.03E 24-21.02N 062-30.03E
3. Ships and craft are to keep well clear of assigned danger area on above specified schedule.
4. Source: www.paknavy.gov.pk
Date: 3rd September 2021
Location: 251600N, 0551700E
Ref: UKMTO Notice 001/Sep/2021
1. Category: UKMTO (Dubai) Vessel Briefings
2. Description: UKMTO (Dubai) has resumed face-to-face Maritime Security briefs. The briefing team will continue to comply with all local CV-19 advice and any additional covid-related restrictions in place on-board. Commercial shipping companies and ship’s masters are still able to receive the latest UKMTO Maritime Security updates and briefs via telephone, teleconference (Zoom & Teams) or by e-mail using the contact details contained within Maritime Security Chart (Q6099) or directly from [email protected] +971 43094268/4462
3. This notices supersedes UKMTO Notice 010 Feb 2021
Date: 9th February 2021
Location: 263900N, 0563500E
Ref: UKMTO NOTICE 008/FEB/2021 UKMTO is issuing this Notice to global maritime operators in order to remind mariners and ship operators of the recommended procedures for transiting the Strait of Hormuz. BMP5 remains the basis for merchant ship conduct, reporting and monitoring in the area. In addition vessels and companies will need to be aware of their own Flag State guidance. All vessels are strongly advised to remain within International Waters and, where practicable, should avoid transiting through Iranian TTW, including the areas claimed by Iran around the islands of:
• Abu Musa, 250 52’ N 550 02’E
• Greater Tunb 260 15’N 550 16’E
• Lesser Tunb 260 14’N 550 08’E
In the event of merchant vessels being hailed masters should respond with ship’s name, flag state and confirm that they are proceeding in accordance with International Law. If contacted by Iranian authorities, it is recommended that masters contact UKMTO. UKMTO recommends all merchant shipping maintain transmissions on AIS throughout the region to avoid mis-identification and to assist with merchant shipping monitoring.
Location: 124200N, 0432100E
Ref: UKMTO NOTICE 007/FEB/2021 UKMTO is aware that the Yemeni coastguard are coordinating increased patrols and VHF hailings with merchant vessels in the vicinity of Bab El Mandeb. This information is being made available for company awareness.
If the map doesn't show here, please ensure Functionality cookies are enabled.