UKMTO Enquiries: +44 (0) 2392 222065
Date: 3rd August 2021
Location: 250907N, 0572610E
Boarders have left the vessel. Vessel is safe. Incident complete
Date: 30th July 2021
Location: 214700N, 0595406E
ADVISORY 001/JUL/2021 – UPDATE 001
1. Category: ATTACK – NON PIRACY
2. Time: 30th Jul 2021 1220 UTC
3. Description: Regional SAR authorities and coalition forces have been tasked to assist affected vessel. Investigations remain ongoing.
4. Position: 214700N 0595406E (approximately 175 NM NE DUQM, Oman)
Date: 29th July 2021
Location: 211612N, 0594542E
REF: ADVISORY 001/JUL/2021 –AMEND 1
UKMTO has received reports of a vessel being attacked in position 211612N 0594542E (approx 152NM NE DUQM, Oman) at approximately 1800UTC ON 29 Jul 2021. Investigations are ongoing
Location: 184800N, 0585500E
1. Category: Non Piracy Incident
2. Time: 29 Jul 2021 0700UTC
3. Description: UKMTO has received reports of an incident in the vicinity of 1848N 05855E (Approx 86 NM from Al Duqm Port). Investigations are ongoing.
4. Position: 1848N 05855E (Approx 86 NM from Al Duqm Port).
Date: 28th July 2021
Location: 250000N, 0650000E
UKMTO NOTICE 003/JUL/2021
1. Category: Military Exercise.
2. Description: Naval ships will carry out surface, anti-aircraft and depth charge live firing practice between 0400 to 1700 UTC 02-06, 09-13, 16-17, 20, 23-27 and 30-31st AUG 2021 in the following areas:
A. 24-19.00N 066-58.00E
B. 24-36.02N 063-15.03E
C. 24-36.02N 062-30.03E
D. DEPTH CHARGE FIRING AREA
3. Ships and Craft are to keep well clear of assigned danger areas on above specified schedule.
All vessels in the vicinity are to stay vigilant and to report any incidents to UKMTO. All vessels are requested to inform UKMTO if any interference is noted on Radios/Radars/GPS.
Date: 13th February 2021
Location: 251700N, 0551700E
Ref: UKMTO Notice 010/Feb/2021.
Industry can be reassured that UKMTO (Dubai) remains fully operational during the COVID 19 global pandemic. However, due to the current increase in UAE covid-19 restrictions we have temporarily paused our face-to-face briefs. Commercial shipping companies and ship’s masters are still able to receive the latest UKMTO Maritime Security updates and briefs via telephone, teleconference (Zoom) or by e-mail using the following contact details contained within the Maritime Security Chart (Q6099) and/or directly from [email protected] +971 43094268/4462
A further Notice will be issued when normal service is resumed
Date: 9th February 2021
Location: 263900N, 0563500E
Ref: UKMTO NOTICE 008/FEB/2021 UKMTO is issuing this Notice to global maritime operators in order to remind mariners and ship operators of the recommended procedures for transiting the Strait of Hormuz. BMP5 remains the basis for merchant ship conduct, reporting and monitoring in the area. In addition vessels and companies will need to be aware of their own Flag State guidance. All vessels are strongly advised to remain within International Waters and, where practicable, should avoid transiting through Iranian TTW, including the areas claimed by Iran around the islands of:
• Abu Musa, 250 52’ N 550 02’E
• Greater Tunb 260 15’N 550 16’E
• Lesser Tunb 260 14’N 550 08’E
In the event of merchant vessels being hailed masters should respond with ship’s name, flag state and confirm that they are proceeding in accordance with International Law. If contacted by Iranian authorities, it is recommended that masters contact UKMTO. UKMTO recommends all merchant shipping maintain transmissions on AIS throughout the region to avoid mis-identification and to assist with merchant shipping monitoring.
Location: 124200N, 0432100E
Ref: UKMTO NOTICE 007/FEB/2021 UKMTO is aware that the Yemeni coastguard are coordinating increased patrols and VHF hailings with merchant vessels in the vicinity of Bab El Mandeb. This information is being made available for company awareness.
If the map doesn't show here, please ensure Functionality cookies are enabled.